Saturday, December 05, 2015

Mass Market Trade Hardcover Editions

My Stephen King Mass Market Trade Hardcover Editions

Of all of Kings novels and collections that saw a traditional Hardcover release, I am only missing four.  Those are Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Dead Zone and On Writing.  Except for a few of his earlier books, mine are all pretty much First Editions.
Of all the hardcovers I have, I am only missing the dust jacket for one.  That's Different Seasons. (you can see the "Bare-back" in there to the right of Danse Macabre)
 I must admit, this is the first time I have taken pictures of all my hardcovers
together,laid out like this.
 I had no idea the amount of effort it would take to do this.
 I needed my stepladder to take them all down...
And again to put them all back up into their respective homes.
That empty space at the top of this pic that is...lol
 
As for current market value on any of these, it all comes down to supply and demand, as in any collector's market.  King's earlier releases were much smaller print runs than any of his later works that saw first runs of over a million copies.  The smaller print runs (for example Carrie, that I believe had a first print run of only 26,00 copies) command a higher price on the collector's market.  Unfortunately, in my case I do not own very many first editions of the earlier books.
But this "constant reader" is also a "constant seeker".  I am always on the lookout for those early first editions.
Non-the-less!, I am very proud of my collection and am enjoying sharing it with other Stephen King Fans and Lovers.  I hope you are also enjoying.........  

1 comment:

  1. I consider you a Super fan. That collection is insane in a great way. I've loved King since I was 15. Recently got to see him in person in Reno Nevada. It was a dream come true for me. Amazing collection. I collect King too but it's nowhere near as good as yours. That's awesome

    ReplyDelete