Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Breaking Down the Collection

Now for a look at how I intend to break the presentation of this Collection down into categories and/or sections.

I feel that the logical process would be to start where most people first discovered Stephen King for themselves.
And, in most cases, that was the first "mass market" edition of one of King's novels in a Trade Hardcover EditionOr, for those of us that could not afford the hardcover and had to, gulp!, wait for the mass market Paperback (or it's larger cousin, the Trade Paperback) editions.  An actual Book, in other words.
The next logical place to go would have to be Movies, TV Series, Mini Series, etc.. and other mass media appearances and adaptations of all things Stephen King.
Following all these treasures, are many other interesting and unique items to explore.

 So that is where I will begin, with each posting representing a particular section of the collection.  I see these "sectional breakdowns" as follows:

Within the Traditional Book Publishing Media 


Mass Market Trade Hardcover Editions
Mas Market Paperback Editions
Mass Market Trade Paperback Editions
Specialty Hardcover Editions
Other Paperback Editions

Within Other Traditional Mass Market Media


Audio Adaptations or Readings
Movies, Miniseries, Videos, and Related
Magazines and Newsletters
Comic Book and Graphic Adaptations
Stephen King Reference Books and Materials
 

Then There's the "Other" Non-Traditional Media

 This will be a "catch-all" group featuring a
wide variety of all things Stephen King!
  
Book Marks; Post Cards; Posters; Photographs; Newspaper Clippings; Specialty Book Dealer(s) Catalogues; T-Shirts; Action Figures; Movie Scripts; Anthology Appearances; Pin-back or aka Lapel Buttons; Artwork Portfolios; Lighters and Matches; CD ROM's; As well as a number of other unique items.
 
As I go along, I will also be including "special feature presentations" on specific pieces of interest.
If there are any particular items you would like to know more about, please let me know.  I would be happy to share my treasures, and what I know about them, with you.
 
So, to finish this post out, I would like to share some more pictures.  A few teaser's for you all!!!
 
The first one is an example of how all these various categories of collectibles can be represented with just one King novel.
How about his first one?  Say, Carrie???
 
I count 14 different "incarnations" of Carrie
Can you id them all?

I will point out that yes, those are two versions of Carrie in "Doll-house" size...
 
 
The next few are some close-ups of some of the shelves in my collection.  I hope you enjoy!!!
 
Movies, videos and miscellany

TV Series, DVDs, Buttons, etc.

Comic Books, Reference and CD ROMs

Calendars, Book Marks, Movie Scripts, Audio, etc.

Books on Cassettes, Limited Editions, and
The Illustrated Stephen King Companion 

Vast Reference library and a couple of
very nice Art Related pieces 

Looking across the top of the wall...

Some Anthology related books and Paperbacks
Note the Collectors Trade Paperbacks in the upper corner...


Well I thinks that should do for a good introduction. 
I'm really looking forward to this "little project" growing and having lots of fun with it.  I also hope there are those that would also like to come along for the journey. 
 
Next Post: Mass Market Trade Hardcover Editions
 




3 comments:

  1. Can you post pic of all your bookmarks? Thanks for sharing this collection I'm really enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem, and Thanks for asking! They are slated to be presented here at one point or another. If you would like a sneak peek, my pleasure, just give me a couple of days. I have plans for feature presentations of quite a number of items. Stay tuned...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took a little longer than hoped, but I have posted pictures of some of my bookmarks. Thank You for your interest and the request. It is my joy to share my collection with fellow fans...

      Delete