Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Collection in 2015

For my second post, I'll bring my "shelfie" a little more up-to-date... as in 2015

        My collection has now over-taken our Living Room, from floor to ceiling and beyond...

 
But First...

Before I get too far ahead of my self, I would like to share the story of a very special item in my collection and how it is going to be incorporated into my Blog.

Of everything in this treasure chest, one of my most cherished - and, of course, is a one of only in the world - is my "feature plaque" that was created for me by my wonderful (and very understanding) wife on our first Christmas together in 2002.  My Dixie has always been my biggest champion and full supporter in my obsession with everything Stephen King.  I know she has just as much pride in our collection as I do...

Tim's Collection Plaque

So here's what I am going to do, in appreciation for Dixie's support and understanding.
With every picture of my collection that I post, my plaque will be included in it somewhere.
My intent with this is to help keep some form of "authenticity" to my posts and pictures.  To prove that they are actual items from my collection and not just a picture from somewhere on-line or some other source.

So what's in that there collection???

Here's a quick breakdown of the main body of the collection and the kinds of items to be found.


Across the top are all my mass market Trade Hardcover Editions.  The majority of them are 1st editions c/w dust covers.  I am only missing "Salem's Lot", "The Shining" and "The Dead Zone"

On the shelf below, hiding behind a selection of audio book versions (with a lot more of them to come), are my magazines, newsletters and various items.  At last count, there are over 350 magazines from a wide variety of sources.  I will be doing some features on a number of these in the future...  Surprises abound!

On the shelf below the magazines and etc., are my Stephen King Library Red Leather Editions.  Of the original 47 editions, I am only missing 6.  Constant Reader Always seeking...



 
 
Within my original two black bookcases (circa 1995), there is a huge variety of collectibles and "things Stephen King". 
There are movies, videos, TV series, and audio adaptations. 
There is a host of comic book or graphic adaptations. 
There are calendars, bookmarks, pin-back buttons, post cards, movie scripts, and a number of other great things. 

And, there's my vast Stephen King Reference Library.  One of the proudest points of my collection!
I will be featuring a lot of those awesome pieces in more detail as I go. 

 
 
And, hanging out at the bottom of all of this, are some more of my great reference materials, some more audio adaptations and some selections of art related King collectibles.
 
There are many treasures to be explored here and I hope to share some great details and stories about them all.
 
Thanks for checking it out and if there is something specific you would like to see, let me know...


3 comments:

  1. Dude. I mean, DUDE.

    There's stuff in your collection I had no idea existed. This is amazing. I especially like the red leather volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh, but I have barely opened the doors yet. I'll being doing lot's of cool features in the future. Just wait till I get to the magazines.... lot's of cool rare stuff...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. I'll keep a watch on this blog.

      I thought I was a Stephen King fan but you, Bryant Burnette and David Squyres put me to shame. I own one copy of most of his books and several of the movies. You guys...I think you've spent more money on King collectibles than I've earned in my life.

      Delete