Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Trial Run and Launching of My Blog

OK, Here goes with my first test post.
First, fair warning, this is my first attempt to set up and run a Blog.

"What was my inspiration?" some may ask.  Well, it was sparked as I've noticed a few Stephen King fans posting "shelfies" of their collections of King books on Face Book. 
It got me to wondering what kinds of reactions I might get if I was to share some pictures and stories of some of the interesting items I have collected over the years. 

To kick this Blog off, I am including a couple of pictures of my complete collection.

                                      Here is a "shelfie" of my collection around 2005.

                                    And, here's a "shelfie" of my collection in 2009


Over my ongoing Posts, which I hope to be on a weekly basis, I will endeavour to feature the many different categories and types of collectibles I have amassed in 20 plus years of collecting.

I also hope to share some of the more unique items up close with feature presentations.

My next immediate posts will break down my collection into groups or categories, if you prefer.

Wish me Luck, and by all means, share your thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your ongoing quest collecting all things Stephen King, Tim! I've been a fan of his ever since first watching the original TV movie SALEM'S LOT, directed by Tobe Hooper. That led me to immediately track down the original paperback version (with the raised cover and blood red tear drop, if I remember correctly). That book kept me in thrall and was the first story that kept me riveted and, on several occasions, terrified. I was 15 years old and would stay up late at night in my bunk-bed, and I was so scared that I didn't know whether to keep my bedroom door SHUT or OPEN: If I SHUT it, I could potentially be locking myself in with the Boogeyman in the Closet; and if I opened it, the Boogeyman might be coming up the stairs, it's claws clicking against the banister rails as it approached my room.

    Thanks for daring to share your awesome collection in this blog. I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete